Thursday 19 February 2009

"O" no! Rabblers go down in ELEVEN goal thriller!

Saturday 4th October 2008
Leyton Orient supporters' 6,
"The Rabblers" 5.
IFA League.

This game was quite a while ago now, and if it's a report you want I'm afraid I haven't got one! Humble apologies from me! I took notes at the time, noted the goalscorers, but never found the inspiration to write it. And now, many months later, I cannot locate the scraps of paper where I jotted down the details. I shall appeal for more details from the rest of squad, & hope for the best.

Until then I'm afraid you'll have to make to with this set of snaps I took on the day:

The changing room...where you dream of a great game, it's all in the mind...until you get out there & realise how unfit you are! ;-)



Now that's what I call taking the warm up seriously!



The new batch of hooped socks are ready to be worn!



Chris Tabrett poses for the camera!



How apt, a goalkeeper with a net full of balls!



NUTS!



Back to basics...



Why does Danny look as though he's just finished ninety minutes, rather than starting...



Ready to keep goal, or do a drug deal? Hoodie Hammond!



Subs on the sidelines 'ready' for action!



A bench to strike fear into the opposition!



Gaffer Mick is, erm, attempting to rally the troops!



Team photo from before kick up...minus those who only turned up at half time!



And so to the big kick off.



And 'action'!



















Dunno what went wrong here, this photo looks half decent! ;-)







It's behind you!





Half time arrives, as does Jacko!



Mick goes into Churchillian mode...I think!





Chris looks a bit tired, as Big Matt, a half time arrival (guesting from Ladywell FC) gets ready.
#












"The Rabblers" team:

Shaun Dooley; Mick O'Shaughnessy; Danny King; Chris Tabrett; Phil Baker; Mark Hutton; Steve Rickerby; Chris Garrett; James O'Shaughnessy; Matt Hammond; John Prendergast; Mishi Morath; Jack McInroy; & 'guest players from Ladywell FC: Matt Pike; Al Margolies; Matt Edwards.

No comments: