Monday 4 August 2008

Now for the big match!

Well not quite as big as our one earlier, but you know what I mean!

This was their clum anthem on the back of T-shirts.
I'm not quite sure if it's on the CD compilation I bought; but it
does include 'blue is the colour' in Finnish!



Andy checks out his new HJK shirt, as Vellu looks on
approvingly.



And Dawn looks rather dapper in her Finland scarf.



The only police I saw all day! Obviously hooliganism isn't
quite a problem over in Helsinki!



Vellu, with his wife, before the game. At least I hope I got
it right when he said it's his wife, or i've got him into a bit
of trouble at home! ;-)



All friends together, Griff looks as though he needs some
support!



And Dawn quite likes this networking lark too!



And into the stadium itself.



Now that's what I call a flag. A bit bigger than our Pink 'n'
Blue one...not that you'd know from these snaps, as Griff forgot
it at work!



Is it me, or is Phil Baker a touch too limp wristed here? But
then what else would you expect from a 'rear admiral of the
Belgian Navy'!





We were facing the sun the whole game, hence the glaring snaps.



Goal!





So it's true...Phil Baker really has no friends.
Or was it just his round next?



'Pikey Corner'....just outside the ground!



Half time refeshment.
"They're not all for me, honest guv!"



Good job I brought another flag along eh Griff?





This is the Forza HJK fans, who made us so welcome in their
section. Thanks chaps!

















Stephane bullies an old man to have a go on his drum!



The final whistle, and the HJK team come over to salute
the hamlet faithful!
Well oh, the HJK fans as well...



1 comment:

MarkkuP said...

"Blue is the Color" IS the very anthem whose lyrics are printed on the T shirt!