Monday 12 May 2008

Our first ever tour:

This photo was taken at the Amsterdam tournament in May 2002, which was our first ever trip abroad.

I can't remember who the opposition were off the top of my head, though I do recall we lost all four of our group games 2-0, and came bottom of the group! I must have the names of the teams we played at home with the tournament programme somewhere, but where it actually is would be anyone's guess!



Our playing squad in the photo was as follows:

Back row (left to right): Mishi Morath; Dave Berry; Ian Wright; Steve Rickerby; Mark Hutton; Dave Penny; Gary Austin; Paul Griffin.

Front row (left to right): Phil Baker; Paul Vinnell; Rob Pemberton; Matt Hammond; Damon Green; Lucas Green; Phil Doyle.

Also on tour party, non-playing, not in photo: Lawrence Marsh.

Gary Austin & Rob Pemberton were 'guest players' for us. Gary is the brother of former Hamlet fan Jane, and he lives in The Haque, in Holland, and came to Amsterdam for the day to play for us. Rob was a work colleague of Larry.

The quality of this photo isn't the best, after it had been enlarged, plus I think these were pre-digital camera days! ;-)

If anyone else from this tour party have any old photos lying around at home I'd love to borrow them to look at, and maybe copy some for here.

My snaps were lost, as I was a 'bit worse for wear', and I lost my camera somewhere over there. Just as well I finally stopped drinking after this tour!

No comments: