Wednesday 20 February 2008

Easter Saturday Tournament

With the First Team game having been switched to Good Friday, this now leaves the Saturday clear for us to compete in a memorial tournament being organised by Old Westminster Citizens Football Club; of which our own Ian Gannon is a member.

I'm not entirely sure of how it will be done, but I beleive it's a mixed competition, and we will be entering a joint side with Peckham Village WFC, for whom another of our players Dawn Taylor plays for.

I've no further information yet, apart from the following, about the rules, which is on the Old Westminster Citizens website:

EASTER SATURDAY TOURNAMENT – FOR STEVE BENJAMIN – SATURDAY 22nd MARCH 10am – 1pm 1.TEAMS WILL PLAY 30 MINUTE GROUPS GAMES x3 2.WINNERS OF EACH GROUP WILL PLAY RUNNERS UP OF THE OTHER GROUPS THE WINNERS THEN TAKE PART IN THE FINAL. THE THIRD TEAMS WILL PLAY EACH OTHER AND THE FOURTH TEAMS WILL PLAY EACH OTHER. 1.POINTS ARE SCORED IN THE USUAL WAY PLUS 1 POINT FOR EACH GOAL SCORED. THEREFORE A 4-2 WIN GIVES THE WINNING TEAM 7 POINTS AND THE LOSING TEAM 2 POINTS. 4.NORMAL 11 A SIDE RULES APPLY. GROUPS WILL APPEAR HERE SOON. ANYBODY CAN PLAY – ITS TO BE PLAYED IN A TOTALLY FRIENDLY SPIRIT.

When I find out more I'll publish it here.

1 comment:

chalovesmonkeys said...

Hi Rabbler/hutty,

Nice little blog you've got here. Cheers for linking us at Sniffing the Touchline and I'll return the favour.

I am local to Dulwich Hamlet and would be very interested in talking to you guys regarding a project I have in mind about football in the community, focusing on its ability to interest and motivate local kids.

Please contact me at sniffingtt@hotmail.com or chalovesmonkeys@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I might come down to the game tomorrow and may even seek you out!

Cheers,

Charlie