Sunday 14 March 2010

Down memory lane...

I realise you're all looking in (I hope!) & waiting for reviews &write-ups from our magnificent trip to Glasgow last weekend, but please bear with me!

It's 'on the way', & I hope to put some work in on it all next week, & when it's done I'll let you all know via Mick, on the team email group, & the messagboard.

In the meantime my favourite French side Red Star have taken a turn for the better in their CFA (regional fourth division level) games, winning two in the last week, relieving some worries about relegation fears.

Thier website this weekend mentioned 'results on this day' yesterday, 13th March, & five years ago Red Star crushed Aubervilliers in a Divsion Honneur (fifth level) match. This was the match 'The Rabblers' attended, having beaten their supporters' by the odd goal in five in the morning, which was our first ever full eleven-a-side match abroad, & also our inaugrial mid-season foreign jaunt.

Here is a cracking link from their archives for anyone who wants to relive that superb day.

Allez Red Star!

No comments: