Monday 20 August 2007

Greeting from Estonia!

Not long after we got back I received this message from Madis Hallimae, who helps to run JK Jalpallihaigla:

"In my opinion it was a marvellous weekend with marvellous people.
It was nice to see again familiar faces of the people who were great hosts for us when we came to Dulwich in May.
I think the friendly we played in Tallinn was an interesting one-to see so many goals in the game was surprising for us. I was really happy about the one I scored in the last minute-this is the first ever goal I have scored because usually I have to stay between the posts as a goalkeeper. But of ocurse the star of the game was Lawrence Marsh, for your team. Scoring six goals is real class in itself, to be honest our star-striker only got three himself. And the own goal from your player. It was a pretty good one and many of our players voted it 'the most beautiful own goal ever scored!'
I am pleased that you all enjoyed your time in Tallinn, it is really nice to hear you say so. Our team also enjoyed the weekend, both on & off the field. We will definitely see you again!

Madis.

Wonderful words there, from a wonderful person. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to go back out there next summer. We also hope to fix up a game in neighbouring Riga, in Latvia. This would be the first time we have taken in two countries to play games on a single tour. More "Rabblers" history in the making!

No comments: